The Trick-or-Treating schedule for Evangeline Parish is as follows:
City of Ville Platte – Monday, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
The Village of Chataignier – Monday, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m and their Community Halloween Party begins at 6:00 p.m.
The Town of Mamou – Monday, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Turkey Creek – Monday, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Pine Prairie – Monday, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Evangeline Parish Rural areas – Monday, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
First Baptist Church Trunk-or-Treat – Monday, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Basile – Monday, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
The LA State Police remind you to use caution when trick-or-treating.
* Ensure that your child carries a flashlight or glow stick, and/or wear reflective clothing or costumes to alert drivers of the child's location;
* Masks can restrict vision and breathing, restricting sight of oncoming vehicles. Face painting is a safe option;
* Costumes should fit children correctly and not drag the ground, as this could create a tripping hazard;
* Children should be accompanied by adults/parents and should not be allowed to enter homes or vehicles without their supervision;
* Plan your trick-or-treating route in familiar neighborhoods with well-lit streets;
* Always walk on sidewalks when available. If walking on the street is necessary, pedestrians should walk on the left side of the road facing traffic;
* Children should know their address, phone number, and how to dial 911 for their emergencies. Young children should have this information attached somewhere on their costume in the event they get separated; and
* Parents are urged to inspect all candy for safety after returning home.