JAN TRISKA DIES AFTER FALL FROM BRIDGE: Jan Triska fell from Prague’s iconic Charles Bridge and died. He was 80 years old. The circumstances of the fall, which occurred on Saturday, are unclear. Triska emigrated to the U.S. in 1977 and appeared in dozens of movies, including Ragtime and The People vs. Larry Flynt.
EMMA ROBERTS DEBUTS CHAMPAGNE POP HAIR: Just this year, Emma Roberts has had red, brown and blonde hair. The latest development? Champagne pop blonde. Her go-to stylist, Riawna Capri, of Nine Zero One Salon in L.A. he shared the new look on Instagram. The shade blends platinum blonde with a darker champagne, and the mixture of ashy and warm hues does look incredibly natural. How often do you change your hair color?
LEE DANIELS RELIVES CHILDHOOD ABUSE THROUGH EMPIRE: Lee Daniels is used to reliving his personal experiences on Empire. He tells Page Six that one scene in particular, when Lucious Lyon becomes so enraged at his son Jamal for wearing heels that he throws the boy in the trash can, has particular resonance. "What you think, that I am making this s–t up?," he asks Page Six. "All of these stories are real — they are the foundation of the show." The show returns Wednesday on Fox.
HEIDI KLUM AND VITO SCHNABEL ARE OVER: Supermodel Heidi Klum tells People that she and Vito Schnabel are no longer together. After three years together, Klum tells the mag: "I believe that it is important to take time to pause and reflect." In June, the Daily Mail published a photo of Schnabel kissing another woman. (He later denied it was a romance, saying she was a "family friend." Previously, the America’s Got Talent judge dated bodyguard Martin Kristen and was married to Seal.
JAIME PRESSLY OPENS UP ABOUT EXPECTING TWINS: Jaime Pressly is opening up about the joy and peril of being pregnant with twins. "I am feeling very pregnant," Pressly told People Saturday at the Step2 Presents 6th Annual Celebrity Red CARpet Safety Awareness Event at the Commissary at Sony Pictures Studio. "We are 34 weeks." The Mom star is expecting twin boys with her longtime partner Hamzi Hijazi. The boys will join her 10-year-old son Dezi James, who she shares with her ex Eric Calvo. "Doing it 10 years older is really night and day!" Pressly admits. "Having eight limbs moving around is something very alien."
Mindy Kaling is copping to a serious case of the jitters as she prepares to give birth. Kaling appeared on Sunday Today with Willie Geist and confessed that while she’s excited, she has some concerns too.
"Right now, I just feel so anxious," she said. "But, I'd like to be the fun mom. I know I'm gonna be the dorky mom. So, if I could be kind of fun, too, I think that would be nice."
- The 38-year-old is keeping the identity of the father to herself, but she is very open about her role model for parenthood.
- "My mom was incredibly fierce and so devoted to us. She just loved us and really wanted us to be happy no matter what we did," Kaling told Geist of her mother, who passed away from cancer in 2012. "If I could give that to my child, just that open-mindedness, I’d be so happy.
- Plus, now she can openly judge other parents. "It’s so easy to criticize parenting until you’re a parent," she joked. "So, one of the nice things about becoming a parent is that I'll be able to openly criticize other parenting because I will have a child."
- Fans were surprised when news broke on July 17th that the Office alum is expecting her first child. Us Weekly reported earlier this month that the child will be a girl.
Producers for the American Idol reboot welcomed Luke Bryan to the judging table over the weekend, but they still need one more, and they’re hoping he or she won’t be white.
The show famously secured Katy Perry as its first judge, shelling out a record $25 million to land her.
- Citing insiders, TMZ reports that "ABC believes there must be racial diversity on the panel."
- Part of the issue is salary. A large portion of the budget was spent on Perry and while the network is still having talks with Lionel Richie, his salary requirements (reportedly $10 million) are stalling progress.
- Now, producers are going after lesser-known people, like Troy Carter, an industry vet who’s worked with Lady Gaga, John Legend and Meghan Trainor.
- When Idol aired on Fox, the judging panels were always comprised of highly-regarded bold-faced names, from Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, Randy Jackson and Keith Urban all at once, to Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr. and also Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres on the same panel.
Ryan Seacrest helped create the global phenomena known as Keeping Up With the Kardashians, so to say he has an "in" with the family would be an understatement.
(He is still on board as executive producer of the show and all of its spinoffs).
- But, as the Kardashian-Jenners have proved time and again, family comes first for this crew.
- On Live With Kelly and Ryan on Monday, he and co-host Kelly Ripa were busy watching his iPhone for news from the pregnancy front.
- ICYMI: Kylie Jenner, 20, is reportedly pregnant. TMZ broke the news on Friday, and the entertainment world has been breathing into a brown paper bag since. Travis Scott is said to the father.
- Kris Jenner finally texted Seacrest during the broadcast, but she wasn’t saying much. "Kris says Kylie's not confirming anything," he informed fans. "That's the news from the family this morning. Kylie is not confirming anything."
- Someone's talking to People though. A source tells the mag that Kris is desperate to ensure the continued success of Kylie’s lucrative cosmetics brand.
- "Kris is just trying to control what she can and make sure no one forgets Kylie is also a businesswoman," an insider says of Kris’ reaction to the news that Kylie is expecting a little girl with Scott.
- According to Women’s Wear Daily, Kylie Cosmetics raked in $420 million over 18 months.
- The source adds that Kylie’s sisters—Kourtney, Kim, Khloe and Kendall—are "all really happy for Kylie."
- Kylie and Scott started dating in April when she split from Tyga.
- Season 14 of Keeping Up With the Kardashians airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on E!
Barbara Corcoran will have to go back to her day job as an investor on Shark Tank because she was the first to be eliminated from Season 25 of Dancing With the Stars.
On the September 18th season premiere, the businesswoman, 68, along with her 27-year-old partner Keo Motsepe, failed to win over the judges with a salsa to Ludacris’ "Money Maker." They earned a 14 out of 30, putting them in last place for Week 1.
The real estate mogul got into her grove a little more when she and Motsepe foxtrotted to "Whatever Lola Wants" last night. While, the judges complimented Corcoran’s ability to relax during her second number and gave them a better score of 17 out of 30 – it was not enough to advance them in the competition.
Their elimination came after Corcoran revealed her battle with dyslexia and its impact on her life. "I’m back at the bottom of class in second grade being the dunce," Corcoran said after receiving her first low score. "I’ve been dyslexic my whole life. It definitely affects you. There’s always the stupid kid that made fun of me. I don’t want anybody to laugh."
Barbara and Keo landed in the bottom alongside former NFL player Terrell Owens and dancer Cheryl Burke, who performed a steamy foxtrot to Zayn Malik’s "Pillowtalk."
There was a 3-way tie for first place: Jordan Fisher and Lindsay Arnold, Vanessa Lachey and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, and Victoria Arlen and Val Chmerkovskiy all earned 24 out of 30.
There will be another elimination tonight.
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS BARBARA CORCORAN IS ELIMINATED
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS BARBARA CORCORAN ON BEING ELIMINATED
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS BRUNO ON BARBARA CORCORANS TANGO PERFORMANCE
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS DREW SCOTT IS INJURED DURING REHEARSAL
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS LEN ON TERRELL OWENS FOXTROT PERFORMANCE
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS VANESSA LACHEY CUTS HER TOE DURING REHEARSAL
Audrina Patrdige’s estranged husband, Corey Bohan, will not be prosecuted for domestic battery, according to TMZ.
The district attorney’s office told TMZ that Bohan is off the hook. Patridge reported that Bohan verbally abused her and snatched the phone out of her hand as she recorded his tirade on September 6th, according to reports.
- The D.A. says there wasn’t enough evidence to move forward.
- Last week, Patridge obtained a temporary restraining order against him. A few days later, she filed for divorce. They share a 1-year-old daughter, Kirra Max. They’ve been married for 10 months.
- Bohan responded to Patridge’s filing, claiming he was trying to "hijack" his visitation with Kirra.
- He wants Patridge to pay for his lawyer, according to E! News. A court hearing has been scheduled for October.
Lucy Hale is not here for your thoughts on her body.
The 28-year-old Pretty Little Liars alum posted a photo of herself on Twitter sitting with her arms spread out on a chair Friday, writing jokingly: "Don’t go into the light, Carol Anne". (The line is a reference to the cult film Poltergeist).
- Shortly after, a user started dishing out unsolicited thoughts about her body.
- He tweeted: "No straight men are signing off on that anorexic look. That's for gay guys & fashionistas, we want you to please eat a hamburger."
- Hale, who has been open about her struggles with anorexia in the past, responded quickly, writing: "I am disgusted that a man would even think of saying these absolutely awful words to a woman. You should be ashamed of yourself. As someone who used to struggle with anorexia, I don't take these comments lightly. Im healthy and happy and you don't know me."
- The tweeter responded, writing, "Neat," to which Hale wrote: "Just another insecure man hiding behind a computer screen. Boy BYE."
- Her response and their exchange has gone viral, with many hailing her confident, quick response.
CASEY AFFLECK PENS FIRST LOOK DEAL WITH AMAZON: The Manchester by the Sea star Casey Affleck’s production company has signed an exclusive first-look deal with Amazon Studios. They have a good track record: Amazon released Manchester, which earned Affleck an Oscar. Sea Change Media is working on developing both film and television content. "This deal with Casey exemplifies our focus in expanding Amazon Studios’ relationships with top-notch filmmakers and content creators," said Roy Price, head of Amazon Studios, in a statement. "Our goal is to be in business with high caliber talent in order to grow our slate of quality content for our customers." Affleck’s upcoming films include Light of My Life, The Old Man and the Gun and Stoner.
ANGELINA JOLIE’S FIRST THEY KILLED MY FATHER DROPS NEW TRAILER: Fans are getting a glimpse at Angelina Jolie’s latest directorial effort, First They Killed My Father, with a new, tense trailer. The film is based on Loung Ung’s memoir of the same name, and recreates her childhood under the oppressive Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia. The film is currently streaming on Netflix and is being hailed by critics as her best work yet. It has also been selected as Cambodia’s official submission for the country’s Best Foreign Language Film Oscar.
JAMES CORDEN TO RETURN AS HOST OF HOLLYWOOD FILM AWARDS: James Corden is returning for the third straight year as host of the 2017 Hollywood Film Awards, set to be held November 5th at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. The ceremony honors films, actors and the creatives behind the scenes. This year’s ceremony will benefit MPTF, which supports entertainment community in living and aging well. Honorees will be announced at a later date.
GILMORE GIRLS CREATORS INK DEAL WITH AMAZON: Gilmore Girls creators Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino have signed a multi-year deal with Amazon Studios that will have them creating and developing new projects for them exclusively. The news arrives as the pair gets ready to debut the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for the retail and streaming giant. A premiere date has not yet been determined, but the period drama has been given the green light for two seasons. While the news is great for fans of their future work, observers say it also means a Gilmore Girls revival has been put on the back-burner. Mrs. Maisel stars Rachel Brosnahan as a 1950s New York City housewife-turned stand-up comic.
JOHN LANDGRAF EXPANDS FX : FX Networks launched its new commercial-free offshoot FX this month, making 16 of its current and past series available to Comcast subscribers for $5.99 a month. But now, the 21st Century Fox-owned cabler says that when Cox Communications comes on board its program in October, the library will double in size to include hot properties like The Americans and Atlanta. CEO John Landgraf tells Variety that the deal required negotiations with Hulu and other media conglomerates. "I tend to see the future in which there will be both platforms and brands," said Landgraf. "Platforms will damage or destroy a lot of brands but not every brand." AMC is also pursuing the incremental-subscription model, with a similar deal with Comcast announced in June.