LESLIE JONES WANTS EVERYONE TO MOVE ON FROM MILO YIANNOPOULOS: Leslie Jones wants everyone to just stop talking about Milo Yiannopoulos already. The Ghostbusters star tweeted: "You guys are giving him too much energy." There was a flurry of news about Yiannopoulos on Monday after Simon & Schuster terminated its contract for a book written by him and the Conservative Political Action Conference rescinded its invitation to have him speak. Organizations were quick to cut ties with Yiannopoulos after a video surfaced showing him saying that some sexual relationships between adults and 13-year-olds are consensual. Jones is speaking out because Yiannopoulos trolled Jones so viciously last summer on Twitter that he was permanently banned from the platform. She took a break from social media, but decided to return to show trolls they don't win. Do you agree with Jones? Is giving trolls attention part of the problem?
FIRST LOOK OF HAN SOLO CAST ON SET: The force is with the cast of the untitled Star Wars Han Solo spinoff. Disney released the first photo of the cast this morning on Twitter, writing: "Han Solo – Smuggler. Scoundrel. Hero. A new Star Wars Story begins." The photo includes Alden Ehrenreich (Han Solo), Donald Glover (Lando Calrissian), Woody Harrelson (Han Solo’s mentor), Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca), Emilia Clarke and Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller also grace the shot. The film is set to hit theaters May 25th, 2018. Think this cast looks like it has good chemistry?
TOM HANKS TO PUBLISH DEBUT STORY COLLECTION, UNCOMMON TYPE: The Oscar-winning director and actor Tom Hanks is publishing his debut collection of short stories titled Uncommon Type: Some Stories with Alfred A. Knopf, according to Entertainment Weekly. The actor will also narrate the audiobook, which will be published via Random House Audio. In a statement, Hanks said: "In the two years of working on the stories, I made movies in New York, Berlin, Budapest, and Atlanta and wrote in all of them. I wrote in hotels during press tours. I wrote on vacation. I wrote on planes, at home, and in the office. When I could actually make a schedule, and keep to it, I wrote in the mornings from 9 to 1." Impressive. Will you pick up a copy?
FLIP OR FLOP STAR CHRISTINA EL MOUSSA SPEAKS OUT ABOUT MARRIAGE: HGTV’s Flip or Flop star Christina El Moussa opened up about her shattered marriage with estranged husband Tarek in an interview with Good Morning America Tuesday. Despite going through a high-profile divorce, the duo is still working on their show and doing "really really good." A lot of the rumors about behind-the-scenes issues are just that, rumors, she said: "There’s a lot of false stories and a lot of hype, but in the end we’re just normal, nice people who just want to be the best parents and coworkers that we can be." The former couple share two children together, and Christina says they "are transitioning well" to the new reality.
PETA MURGATROYD AND MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY RETURN TO DANCING WITH THE STARS: America’s favorite pro couple is returning to season 24 of Dancing With the Stars! Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy announced their happy news on Tuesday’s Good Morning America. Their return was an open question because they just welcomed their first child, son Shai Aleksander on January 4th. Peta says she’s ready to return, though: "It’s been some time. I’m definitely a little bit nervous, but I’m very excited to get back. You know, I’ve definitely missed the dance floor. And I haven’t been able to defend my title with Nyle, so I want to get back out there!" Peta previously won season 22 with partner Nyle DiMarco in May 2016, but opted out of season 23 due to her pregnancy.
Amid speculation that Lindsay Lohan is converting to Islam, the actress claims that she was the victim of racial profiling and Islamphobia at London's Heathrow Airport.
The Mean Girls star was flying from London to New York after meeting with Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Turkey to discuss the refugee crisis.
- While she was in Heathrow she was stopped because she was wearing a headscarf, she claims.
- Lohan tells Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain: "British Airport Security opened my passport and saw ‘Lindsay Lohan’ and started immediately apologizing, but then said ‘please take off your headscarf.’ And I did, it’s okay."
- The incident jolted her, she said, and made her rethink how she benefits from the privilege of being a non-Muslim celebrity: "What scared me in that moment is how would another woman who doesn’t feel comfortable taking off her headscarf feel? That was really interesting to me. I was kind of in shock. It was jarring."
- As far as the question of converting to Islam goes, she says she hasn’t made any decisions yet but that "it’s a consideration."
CBS This Morning co-anchor Gayle King has learned the hard way to ask about a potential date’s marital status.
- King, 62, appeared on Harry Tuesday and explained the story of how this, sadly, has become part of her routine: "So I’m out to dinner and he’s talking and then he said something about ‘my wife’ and I said, ‘Wait, wait, wait, your wife? You have a wife?’ He goes, ‘Yeah.’ I said, ‘Does she know you’re here?’ He said, ‘But, we’re separated.’ I said, ‘Oh, you’re getting a divorce.’ He said, ‘No, we’re separated, we live in the same house, it hasn’t been good for a really long time.’ And I was like, ‘Check, please, I know that story.’"
- King is unapologetic about dealing with cheaters. In 2016, she called out the woman she caught her ex-husband former Connecticut Assistant Attorney General William Bumpus, in bed with in 1990.
- They divorced in 1993 after 11 years of marriage.
Hoda Kotb surprised Today audiences yesterday (Tuesday) when she announced she had adopted a girl, who she named Haley Joy.
Kotb, 52, called into the NBC morning show to discuss, explaining: "She’s a Valentine’s baby so she’s a little nugget. She is the love of my life."
- The arrival delighted her co-workers, including Kathie Lee Gifford, who admitted that it’s a miracle she didn’t spill the beans: "I’ve got the biggest mouth in the world and I’ve said zilch. Hoda, we are thrilled for you, sweetheart. You were made to be a mom."
- Hoda called back in again during Today’s Fourth Hour, which she normally co-hosts with Gifford, explaining the meaning of her daughter’s name to a tearful Gifford and Jenna Bush Hager, saying that she is named after Halley’s comet, which can be seen from Earth every seven years.
- Hoda said: "It was one of those things where I just picture her sailing through the sky." She added that she discussed with her sister, Hala, who said: "My sister and I were talking on the phone and she was saying, ‘You know, I’m Hala, you’re Hoda, our niece is Hana — what about Haley?’ "
- This is Hoda’s first child. Last year, Hoda announced that she had moved in with her boyfriend, Joel Schiffman. The couple have been dating since June of 2013.
Angelina Jolie has opened up yet again about the new phase her family life is entering.
The actress and activist, 41, gave a satellite interview from Cambodia to George Stephanopoulos on Good Morning America to discuss her current film about the Khmer Rouge, First They Killed My Father.
- Naturally, the subject of her divorce from star Brad Pitt, 53, came up. Jolie said: "We are focusing on the health of our family, and so we will be, we will be stronger when we come out of this, because that’s what we’re determined to do as a family."
- When Stephanopoulos pressed her about past remarks she’s made testifying to Pitt’s excellence as a father, and asked her if she still felt that way, she said: "Of course, of course."
- In Jolie’s mind, she said: "we will always be a family."
- Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt in September. Since then, both have put interviews and public appearances on the back burner.
- First They Killed My Father, which Jolie directed, is based on the autobiographical book of the same name by Cambodian human rights activist Loung Ung.
Amber Tamblyn has welcomed her first child with husband David Cross. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants star, 33, shared a video yesterday of a tiny foot moving around in a blanket. "David and I are proud to announce the birth of our daughter, Dauphinoise Petunia Brittany Scheherazade Von Funkinstein Mustard Witch RBG Cross Tamblyn-Bey jr. #TheFutureIsFemale," she captioned the post.
Tamblyn and Cross, 52, were married in 2012. Tamblyn announced her pregnancy in October via an empowering essay she wrote for Glamour, where she discussed the challenges she will face in raising a daughter.
If you have trouble getting your kids to eat broccoli, have them pull up a stool for this one.
- Angelina Jolie fries up scorpions and spiders – and her six kids actually eat them. In a clip uploaded by the BBC, Jolie says: "Who wants to share a spider?"
- To add insult to injury, the 41-year-old superstar gushes that her kids "can eat a bag of crickets like a bag of chips."
- Son Knox concurs, saying: the bugs taste like "dry chips ... like flavorless chips."
Tori Spelling and her husband Dean McDermott are under the microscope yet again for neglected payments.
In new court papers obtained by E! News, McDermott's ex-wife of 13 years, Mary Jo Eustace, claims that he has not paid eight installments of spousal support since July 1, 2016, totaling $6,000 plus interest and attorney fees.
- The affidavit states: "McDermott is working and lives in a 2 million dollar rental. Order was entered mid-September. He stopped paying in November—also for 2 years prior he did not pay and I renegotiated in good faith moving forward. He owes me moving forward from February 1, 2017 100,800 in monthlies until July 1, 2020."
- This was all set into high relief by the lavish baby shower Spelling’s mother Candy recently threw them for their fifth child.
- A source tells E!: "He owes money and then he's getting a $40,000 shower for his new baby while neglecting his responsibilities to his oldest child and ex-wife? That's what's upsetting her."
- McDermott and Eustace share a son, Jack, 18.
- The couple has been plagued by financial issues lately. A lawsuit filed in December of 2016 by City National Bank claims the couple owes them $188,803 in loan payments.
- In January, American Express sued Spelling for failure to pay a $37,981.97 balance and failing to pay $87,594.55 on an AmEx platinum credit card.
CHARLIZE THERON TO STAR IN NEED TO KNOW: Charlize Theron is set to star in and produce Universal’s adaptation of the CIA thriller Need to Know, written by Karen Cleveland. The forthcoming novel centers on a young mother and CIA analyst who makes a shocking discovery that threatens her life and family. Cleveland is an analyst at the CIA herself.
HELLBOY III HAS BEEN SCRAPPED: Guillermo del Toro says the third installment of the popular Hellboy series starring Ron Perlman is a no-go. Del Toro took to Twitter to share the sad news: "Hellboy 3 Sorry to report: Spoke w all parties. Must report that 100% the sequel will not happen. And that is to be the final thing about it." No word on why the film was scrapped, but it was still at a very early stage of development, according to reports.
DIVERSITY IN HOLLYWOOD BOOSTS BOTTOM LINES: A new report titled: "2017 Hollywood Diversity Report: Setting the Record Straight," shows that films and television shows with casts that accurately reflect the country’s racial and ethnic diversity consistently bring in higher returns at the box office, and higher ratings numbers. The report points out that the nation consisted of about 40% minorities in 2015 and that minorities buy 45% of the country’s movie tickets. Despite the financial benefits for projects that include them, women and minorities are under-represented, according to the report: "People of color have posted gains relative to their white counterparts in five of the industry employment arenas examined (film leads, broadcast scripted leads, broadcast reality and other leads, digital scripted leads, and broadcast scripted show creators), lost ground in four of the 11 arenas (film directors, film writers, cable scripted leads, and digital scripted creators) and held their ground in the other two (cable scripted creators and cable reality)." Do you tend to gravitate toward media that features a diverse cast?
AARON PAUL WHISKEY DRAMA IN WORKS AT WGN AMERICA: WGN America is ready to take a stiff shot with Aaron Paul. The cable network is putting a drama based on the real-life story of whiskey honcho Jack Daniel into development. The project will be based on the book Blood and Whiskey: The Life and Times of Jack Daniel, by Peter Cross, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Andrew Colville (Mad Men, Lone Star) is penning the script.
CINEMANX FOUNDER STEVE CHRISTIAN DIES AT AGE 53: Steve Christian, the founder of Isle of Man’s film investment program CinemaNX and a former Pinewood Pictures executive, died suddenly at age 53. The beloved industry vet recently co-produced Fox Searchlight's Untitled A.A. Milne project with Damian Jones. Currently in post-production, the film about the creator of Winnie the Pooh was directed by Simon Curtis and stars Margot Robbie.
REPORT: MOVIES HAD MORE FEMALE CHARACTERS BUT FEWER SPEAKING ROLES: A new study from San Diego State University shows that 29% of protagonists in 2016’s top-grossing films were women. Overall, women accounted for 37% of major characters in the 100 top-grossing films last year, a boost of 3 percentage points. However, only 32% of the 2,595 female characters had speaking roles, down 1%.