A third woman has come forward saying she was sexually victimized by Roman Polanski when she was underage.
The famed Rosemary’s Baby and Carnage director pleaded guilty to one case of raping Samantha Geimar when she was 13 years old in 1979.
- He has also been accused of assaulting Charlotte Lewis in 1986, when she was 16. She alleged the attack took place before she worked with him on the movie Pirates.
- A third woman, identifying herself as Robin, has come forward saying Polanski also assaulted her when she was a minor.
- Polanski was released from prison in 1979 after 42 days and fled the country before his sentencing in L.A. The 83-year-old has lived as a fugitive overseas ever since, but has continued to direct critically acclaimed movies featuring high-profile celebrities.
- In April, a judge rejected Polanski’s latest attempt to be tried in absentia, and ruled that Polanski must return to the U.S.
- In June, Geimer urged Gordon to revisit the decision.
- "He got arrested. I knew he was sorry the next day," she said after the hearing. "I was sure he instantly regretted what he had done and wished it hadn’t happened. It just wasn’t as traumatic for me as everyone would like to believe it was. I was a young sexually active teenager and it was a scary thing, but it was not an uncommon thing. I understood much worse things happened to people. So, I was just not as traumatized as everybody thinks I should have been."
- The third accuser, Robin has hired attorney Gloria Allred. Robin says she was assaulted in 1973 when she was 16 years old. Allred and Robin held a press conference on Tuesday to discuss the current legal situation.
- "While we understand that Ms. Geimer would like this case to end, Robin and I feel that it is very important that Mr. Polanski returns to court in California to be sentenced. Any other defendant who is not rich and famous would be required to be present for a sentencing proceeding on a conviction for a felony committed against a child," Allred said. "An exception should not be made for a Hollywood film director and it would be wrong for the Court to appear to give special treatment to Mr. Polanski."
- Allred added that she could file a civil case against Polanski, but hopes to aid in the criminal case instead.
- "Recently I saw Samantha Geimer on the news appearing to support Mr. Polanski and stating that ‘he has done everything he needed to do.’ This infuriated me. I am speaking out now so that Samantha and the world will know that she is not the only minor Roman Polanski victimized," Robin told reporters. "I am not over it and I certainly believe that Roman Polanski should he held accountable for his criminal conduct with Samantha Geimer. He fled the country. Years have passed and he is famous, but that does not excuse his criminal conduct of sexually victimizing minors."
Newly minted makeup mogul Kim Kardashian is struggling with her own kit. (And how to handle the negative feedback she's getting on the kit).
First, the 36-year-old got lambasted on social media over her ability (or lack thereof) to swatch and apply samples of her KKW kit to show how it looks on her skin. Then, she got blasted for her response to the response.
- One of her most vocal and high-profile initial critics was mega beauty blogger Jeffree Star, who is also highly controversial, due to racist comments he's made in the past.
- After watching her first attempts to swatch, Star tweeted: "Umm... Kim what is going on with those new swatches?? Looks like chalk." Ouch!
- Her fans quickly turned on Star, but she defended him: "I see that my fans are totally hating on someone like Jeffree Star for being honest about my struggle swatches. But because of his remarks I'm learning."
- Kardashian is taking the criticism seriously, sharing a series of expletive-ridden videos on Snapchat, saying: "I want you guys to see this pimple here. You're stressing me the f*** out."
- In the series of Snapchat videos, Kardashian said, "Okay guys, I get it, I didn’t know how to f***ing swatch powders before at the beginning — I’m learning."
- She enlisted her makeup artist for help, practicing his two-finger method on his arm. As she tried out the new technique, she observed: "It's like I'm fingering someone!"
- On Tuesday, she walked back some of her comments defending Star. (Fans pointed out that he has made racist comments in the past and took issue with the fact that she seemed to giving him a get-out-of-jail free card on the comments).
- "So I really wanted to apologize to you guys and my fans for defending a situation yesterday that I really didn’t know enough about," she said in a follow-up Snapchat video. "I just feel a bit naïve, and I do want to really apologize for me feeling like I had the right to say ‘get over it’ in a situation that involves racism."
- Kardashian, of course, is married to rapper Kanye West and they share two biracial children together.
- "I really am sorry, and I just want to move forward and be positive," she said. "My last message is that I do believe that people are born to love and born with love, and they are taught to hate. So I have always had hopes that people can change and that people can learn to be better and do better, and learn to find that love again. So never give up hope. That is my message for the day and that’s always been what I’m trying to say. I believe in people changing, I believe in people just being better, and I’ll never give that up. I just want people to be positive."
- Kardashian earned a jaw-dropping $14 million from the first batch of KKW makeup in its first day of release.
JENNIFER LAWRENCE NEEDS A NEW DRINKING PAL: Jennifer Lawrence is partnering with Represent.Us, an organization devoted to ending political corruption. For $10, the charitably minded will be entered (with a pal) for a chance to win a wine-tasting adventure with the Silver Linings Playbook star. Winners will also be treated to a stay in a 4-star California hotel. On her 27th birthday Tuesday, Lawrence shared a video on Omaze, saying: "You wanna stop political corruption in America, and drink a ton of wine?" Sounds like a win-win! Omaze is an online fundraising platform that offers people one-in-a-lifetime experiences in exchange for backing a charitable cause. Happy birthday Jennifer!
REPORT: BRAD PITT AND ANGELINA JOLIE DIVORCE IS ON: Despite media reports to the contrary, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s divorce is still very much on, insiders tell TMZ. The estranged pair is reportedly hashing out child custody and property settlement agreements and are moving toward a settlement ASAP. The main reason they won’t ever rekindle their romance is the damaging abuse allegations Jolie made against Pitt when they first separated, TMZ claims. An investigation that stemmed from a confrontation between Pitt and the eldest of their six kids together, Maddox, ultimately exonerated Pitt.
RAY ROMANO ENLISTS JIMMY KIMMEL IN BID TO GET SON A DATE: Dad!!! Ray Romano is desperate to get the ball rolling in his son’s love life, and he’s enlisting Jimmy Kimmel on his mission. While appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live Monday night, he forced his son Matt – who happens to work on the show – to come onstage and say "hi." Romano quipped about his son’s casual outfit: "I guess that answers the question, 'Is there a dress code when you work for Jimmy Kimmel?'" He continued: "My wife wants grandchildren, so he needs to pick up the pace there." Kimmel cut in, asking the 24-year-old if he had a girlfriend. "Show 'em your teeth. I paid money for braces," Romano said. "Ladies, he's a good kid, good listener. He keeps his room clean. He's had all of his shots...You still have a car. Jimmy Kimmel is his uncle. He has an identical twin, so God forbid should anything happen to him..." The production team pitched in, putting up a photo with his number. Have your parents ever tried to set you up?
PETER DINKLAGE AND PETA TEAM UP TO SAVE HUSKIES: The astounding success of Game of Thrones has led to many consumer trends, but one in particular distresses Peter Dinklage, who plays Tyrion Lannister on the hit HBO series. Dinklage and PETA are teaming up to speak out against the trend of buying direwolf look-alikes Huskies. In a statement released with PETA, Dinklage said: "Please, to all of Game of Thrones‘ many wonderful fans, we understand that due to the direwolves’ huge popularity, many folks are going out and buying huskies. Not only does this hurt all the deserving homeless dogs waiting for a chance at a good home in shelters, but shelters are also reporting that many of these huskies are being abandoned — as often happens when dogs are bought on impulse, without understanding their needs. Please, please, if you’re going to bring a dog into your family, make sure that you’re prepared for such a tremendous responsibility and remember to always, ALWAYS, adopt from a shelter." Has a show or movie ever inspired you to get a pet?
JOSH HARTNETT AND TAMSIN EGERTON WELCOME SECOND CHILD: Josh Hartnett and Tamsin Egerton have welcomed their second child. No information on the date, time or sex was released. The Daily Mail broke the story after the family of four was spotted shopping in Hampstead on Monday. The Pearl Harbor actor and longtime love and The Lovers costar also share a 2-year-old daughter. Do you think they and other private celebs have the right idea by staying mum on the birth details?
JESSE WILLIAMS’ WIFE SEEKING SOLE CUSTODY: TMZ has reported that Jesse Williams’ wife wants sole custody of their children. She has asserted that he is a "reckless parent," who has fits of rage and she is worried that their children will be exposed to a "revolving door" of women. Aryn Drake-Lee has demanded sole custody because she says the children are being emotionally compromised as a result of Jesse exposing them to at least one of the women he has been intimate with, possibly more. Williams’ soon-to-be ex-wife wants the judge to order that the actor keeps his girlfriends away from their children until he has been with them for six months.
Amber Heard is getting the last laugh in a longstanding feud with the powers that be Down Under.
Heard and her-then husband Johnny Depp were famously chided by Australia for failing to declare their dogs, Pistol and Boo, to Australian officials in 2015.
- Australian Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce threatened to have their dogs put down, and was only placated after Heard and Depp released a comically stilted video apologizing for defying the country’s biosecurity laws.
- It appears that Heard has been biding her time, waiting for Joyce to slip up.
- On Monday, it was revealed that Joyce may be in violation of Australia’s constitutional rules by being a dual citizen of New Zealand. Heard saw her opportunity and pounced immediately, tweeting, "When @Barnaby_Joyce said ‘no one is above the law’ I didn't realize he meant New Zealand law ..."
- She followed it up, writing that she sent him a care package: "To comfort Mr. Joyce in his hour need, I have sent him a box of New Zealand's finest kiwi fruit (assuming this passes his biosecurity laws)".
Mindy Kaling can’t wait to be a mom.
The actress and author is opening up for the first time about her pregnancy, telling Willie Geist that she’s "really excited" about it in an interview that will air on NBC's Sunday TODAY on September 10th, but was previewed yesterday (Tuesday).
- The Mindy Project star admitted that "It’s so unknown to me," adding that "I have a lot of control over a lot of aspects of my life, and this is one where I’m like, ‘OK, it’s out of my hands,’ which is kind of a fun feeling."
- When asked what kind of a parent she’d be, she jokingly said she was excited about the potential comedic fodder motherhood would bring.
- "It’s so easy to criticize parenting until you’re a parent, so one of the nice things about becoming a parent is that I’ll be able to openly criticize other parenting because I will have a child," she quipped.
- Kaling added that she has a lot to live up to, citing her late mother, Swati Roysircar.
- "My mom was incredibly fierce and so devoted to us, just loved us and really wanted us to be happy no matter what we did," Kaling shared. "My career choice was not something that she was familiar with and she was just so supportive of that. And if I could give that to my child, just that open-mindedness, I’d be so happy."
- As of yet, Kaling has not revealed the identity of the child’s father, but she has spoken in great detail previously about her desire to become a mother.
- "I think I’ve decided that unlike everything else in my life, I’m going to be fast and loose about kids," she told Yahoo! Style in September 2015. "I’m going to not actively plan, but if it happens, it would happen. I’m not cavalier about who I would have a kid with. But the thing I ask every parent that I really admire, the one comment they all have is that they wish they had kids earlier."
Anna Faris discussed her split from husband Chris Pratt for the first time on her Unqualified podcast, which aired Tuesday.
The 40-year-old actress thanked her fans in a heartfelt message at the beginning of her latest episode.
- "Hey dear listeners, I just want to thank you all so much for all the love I’ve been receiving, and I truly love you," Faris said.
- The current episode features a pre-taped interview with My Favorite Murder hosts Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark.
- These are the first comments Faris has made since she and Pratt announced their split on August 6th.
- "We are sad to announce we are legally separating," the couple wrote in a statement posted to Faris’ social media accounts and later reposted by Pratt. "We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed. Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward. We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another."
- Faris has discussed her relationship with Pratt on the show previously.
- In May, she said: "My long-distance relationship with Chris, I wouldn’t describe it as that, but we do spend a lot of time apart. But the advantage of that is it makes you so appreciate the time you have together, and you really, really value that. … And you don’t want to waste it fighting, and you know, like, all the minutiae. It’s a high price to pay, you know, but it is a benefit. A silver lining."
- During an episode that debuted on July 31st, she said: "I play a character on Mom, I play a character in movies, but I also play a public character. There’s definitely a loneliness and, like, an internal element to being a performer. I feel like I have to laugh." She later added, "I play a public character. I laugh loud sometimes — maybe too loud but it is a public character sometimes. Like, if I have a red carpet thing or whatever, which I’m never comfortable, but I’m always like, ‘I’m fine!’ And it never feels like me."
- The pair were married for eight years and share a 4-year-old son together, Jack. In October, her memoir, also called Unqualified, is set for release. It reportedly discusses her relationship with Pratt in great depth.
LOUIS C.K. TO DEBUT FIRST FILM IN 16 YEARS: The first film Louis C.K. has helmed since 2001’s Pootie Tang will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. According to TIFF, I Love You, Daddy was filmed "entirely in secret," and stars C.K., Chloe Grace Moretz, John Malkovich, Helen Hunt, Rose Byrne and C.K.’s frequent collaborator Pamela Aldon (Lucky Louie, Louie). The film was shot in black-and-white. C.K. has spoken disparagingly of his work on Pootie Tang before. "That experience was very painful, I was sucking at making the movie and got fired off of it, and they put my name on it anyway," C.K. said at 2012’s Television Critics Association winter press tour. "But failing at Pootie Tang is one of the reasons for why this show is good. The army of failures I’ve had are the reasons that I’m good at what I’m doing now." Will you see I Love You, Daddy?
CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND RECRUITS JOSH GROBAN FOR SEASON 3: Josh Groban, who recently wrapped his Tony-nominated run in Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812, is joining Crazy Ex-Girlfriend in a guest-starring role. The series co-creator and star Rachel Bloom shared the news on Instagram, writing: "@joshgroban is gonna be on #crazyexgirlfriend but it’s a secret so don’t tell anyone." Bloom has teased the next season as having Fatal Attraction vibes. "If you thought this show was going to be funny Fatal Attraction, that’s what we are going into the season as," said Bloom. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend returns Friday, October 13th at 8 p.m. on The CW.
JESSICA CHASTAIN AND MICHAEL CERA PLAY POKER IN MOLLY’S GAME: The first clip for Aaron Sorkin’s Molly’s Game has landed. It focuses on Molly Bloom (Jessica Chastain) as an Olympic-level skier turned office assistant helping her boss run his poker game. Soon, she’s founded the "world’s most exclusive and decadent man cave" patronized by an array of interesting characters, including mobsters, sports stars and Michael Cera. Idris Elba co-stars. Molly’s Game comes to play November 22nd.
JESS WALTER’S DETECTIVE THRILLER THE ZERO IN DEVELOPMENT AS FILM: Producer Uri Singer (The Experimenter, Marjorie Prime) is developing a film based on Jess Walter’s 2006 sci-fi detective novel The Zero, Variety reports. The Zero follows the story of a cop in a city that suffered a terrorist attack and who wakes up to find he’s shot himself in the head. The crumbling city is dominated by a mayor known simply as "The Boss" and the cop tries to maintain his grip on reality as he finds his memory slipping and the city he loves devolving into chaos. The book was a finalist for the National Book Award.
JUSTIN CHON SHARES INSIGHT INTO GOOK, RELEASES CLIP: Justin Chon is speaking out about the inspiration for his latest film, Gook, and sharing a clip from the film. The film is set during the L.A. Riots, and delves into how the riots affected a pair of Korean-American brothers running their family's shoe store in L.A. as violence erupted around them. He discusses the clip with Entertainment Weekly, saying: "In that moment, Eli has a choice. He can perpetuate the cycle of hate and teach her the racial slur, or he can decide to teach her the literal meaning of the word in the mother tongue. 'Gook’ in Korean actually means ‘country’… ‘Mi gook’ directly translated means ‘beautiful country’… in that moment, Eli sees an innocent child hasn’t learned that hatred yet, and she’s a bridge between communities. He chooses to protect her, and teaches her the literal definition." The clip shows Kamilla (American Horror Story‘s Simone Baker) and Eli (Chon) after his car is spray-painted with the slur. Gook hits theaters in L.A. on August 18th and goes national with limited distribution on August 25th.